Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Vacation!

Beautiful Taos, New Mexico was our destination! This last week Todd and I and our good friends The Carpenter's left town for a little time off from Mommy/Daddy duty. We left all of the kiddos with their grandparents (God Bless them) and headed for the mountains!

We had a really wonderful time. The weather, the snow, the accommodations and mostly the company were all great! With both Todd and I...we are always soooo excited and ready to get away on a trip...but then soooo excited and ready to get back home. We were overjoyed to be back home in our plain ole, boring normal life with our sweet girl, house, jobs and pets. Ha! Anyone else feel that way???

We had gone to Taos last year with my Mom and Dad, and really had a great trip (click here to read about the trip). So we decided then and there that we would be back. It had not even been a full year and we were back! We loved the town, the mountain and especially the house we rented and stayed in.

This was Todd's second time to ski---and he did absolutely wonderful! I am so proud of him, and am thrilled that he loves to ski now as much as I do. Everyone that knows me, knows I am NOT an athlete---at all! But, put me on skis, either snow or water, and I love it! I have been skiing since I was about 5, so I think that helps. I have really fond memories of ski fun on family vacations all during my growing up years. And now...I think we will continue that tradition with our little family!

We enjoyed the fellowship with our dear friends, some fine cooking and food, snowmobiling, spa treatments, super skiing weather and snow, hot tubing and most of all some quality time away with our spouse! I am so blessed to be married to my best friend and dream guy. I love him dearly and am so thankful for times like this trip to focus on each other!

Enjoy some pics from our trip!

Love to all,
Leah

Beautiful mountain view...at an elevation of about 11,700 feet.


Proof of all of our fresh snow (a view from the car). It snowed on us for about the last 5-6 hours of our 12 hour trip up to Taos. Great job, Wade on driving in pretty awful driving conditions. We only had about 3 near death experiences...haha! Praise God for traveling mercy and safety.

Sarah and I...love my precious friend!!!


Todd and Wade...great pals too!


Todd and I...and baby #2...under all those 15 layers of clothes! Ha! Love Mountain pics! Does a back-drop get any better???


My cute snow bunny in action! Doesn't he look like a pro!?!


Just a cool pic of the tallest ridge around on the mountain. That is actually the sun behind a big cloud. So pretty! Believe it or not, skiers actually will hike to the top of the ridge and ski down....CrAzY!
P.S Sorry for the lack of post lately....not much exciting going on. Stay tuned for some updates, though!

No comments: