Sunday, February 14, 2010

My precious Grandpa...

Two years ago today, February 14th 2008, my precious Grandpa went to heaven. He was a wonderful man! He was a joyous example of Christ-likeness, love, generosity, and sincerity. He loved and adored his wife, children, grandchildren and great grandchildren. He led a long and well lived life and died at the age of 89. I think of him often, and am so thankful for the legacy he left behind to all of his family. A legacy to love God and keep him first in your life and a legacy to love and care for your family and all of its members.

Today I remember you Grandpa. Today I love you just like I did when you were still alive, and praise God for the time I had to know you. I am thankful for memories.

I am also thinking of you today Grandma. I know this week has not been an easy one for you. I know you miss Grandpa dearly. Thank you for continuing to encourage us all to remember Grandpa and speak of him often. You yourself are a precious lady to me, and I am so thankful that we still have you to enjoy and make more memories with. I love you very much!

Below are some very special pictures to me of our Maggie with Grandpa when Maggie was about 2 weeks old. This was their first time to meet!

Life is precious, family is precious!

Maggie...say hello to your sweet Great Grandpa, and I do mean GREAT!


She was so quiet and content while he was holding her. I think she knew she was in the presence of a special person!

"Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; his love endures forever." Psalms 107:1

1 comment:

Sarah said...

What beautiful pictures! You can see the love he had for Maggie in your Grandpa's eyes. What a treasure, for sure!

I loved hearing about your Grandpa in the car on the way to Taos. I could tell that he was and is an important part of your life. I know that you made him very proud!

P.S. I love that he has a map on his lap (underneath Maggie). ;) That is too cute!