Thursday, February 11, 2010

Half way there....


Woohoo...we are half way through this pregnancy! 20 weeks pregnant I am! Praise the Lord for a healthy, strong and enjoyable pregnancy so far!

I am astonished at God's miracle of life. It is incredible to think of all that our sweet babe has accomplished in these last 20 weeks. Now, he or she is formed perfect and complete in every way from 2 cells to millions now. From now on...from 20 to 40 weeks our babe is just packing on the pounds and growing in size.

At this stage of 20 weeks our babe is around 10-12 ounces and 6-8 inches long...one book said about the size of a coke can. Finger nails, hair, finger prints...all of the organs, bones, nerves...etc. is all complete and formed. Our babies eyes have not opened yet, but will likely open in the next month. Our babes hearing is developed and he or she is practicing thumb sucking and facial expressions. This baby is practicing eating by swallowing amniotic fluid, and also is already making urine. Our babe is developing sleep patterns/habits, and favorite positions to be in already too.

This baby is much more active than Maggie was while she was inutero. I am loving that he or she is so active, now. I feel the baby move at least 5-10 times a day right now. It is such a special reminder about it's presence and place in our family.

I am feeling really good, and have gained about 5 pounds. I love being pregnant. I definitely "look" pregnant now too. My baby bump is growing every day and I am loving wearing maternity clothes now almost exclusively. I mean who doesn't love stretchy waist bands???

We are sooooo excited for Friday to get here. We will have a doctors appointment that day, as well as a detailed sonogram. We are hopeful that our babe is a bit more revealing on Friday, than at our last visit. I noticed that this is my 99th post since joining the blog-o-sphere. How fitting that my 100th post will be to reveal the gender of our babe (hopefully)! Can't wait!

Stay tuned for the fun news!!!

We love you so much sweet baby #2!!!!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Happy Halfway Point!!! I don't know about you, but June can't get here fast enough for me! I can't wait to hold your sweet babe! ;)

Surely Baby Hunt will allow us to find out his/her gender on Friday! I'm 99.99999% sure it is a girl! I can feel it in my bones. Ha!

Holly said...

Last night at dinner I reminded Tim that Friday was your big day! I told him that I hoped baby Hunt would "spread 'em for Dr. N". :)

I'm sooooo excited for Baby Hunt's arrival! You're a wonderful and beautiful baby Crock Pot.

I'm with Sarah - girl for sure!