Friday, March 6, 2009

Taos, New Mexico...good times!

Thank you God, for vacations! We arrived home yesterday, from 5 days in Taos, NM. We had a fantastic trip. The weather was perfect. Most days it was sunny and in the 40's even on the slopes. We did not get any fresh snow, but the mountain was groomed and still had great conditions to ski on. I am so thankful to report no injuries, either.

Todd was the beginner skier...but you would never know it. He did awesome. He took 1.5 days of lessons and caught on like a pro! I was really impressed at how great he did. He is hooked on skiing now! He told me on the way home, that he thinks he likes this kind of vacation to the mountains for skiing...better than a beach vacation! Can you believe that? I said how about, both!!!!!

We got to ski 3 full days, and were absolutely spent by the third. We skiied until we could ski NO MORE! We enjoyed every night in the hot tub, played dominos, watched 2 movies, ate very well (my mom's home cooking...yummo) and enjoyed great fellowship and laughs with my parents. We are so blessed as a family!

Below are some pics from our trip! Take care, love to all~!




Our mountain New Mexican adobe...

My dad, Richard in the kitchen checking it out...

Todd and I's bedroom...

My parents room...

The living room...
My parents, Richard and Ginger, enjoying the peace and quiet...

Our first sunset in NM...breathtaking, huh!

Todd and I ready to go...day one.

Taking a lunch break, outside on the deck at the bottom of the mountain.
My parents, Richard and Ginger, the pros...they have been skiing for 30 years.

Todd and I, Todd's first time down the BIG slopes.

Todd---spent after that first BIG slope!

Todd, rested and ready for more!

Check out Todd---even paralleling those skiis....you go BOY!

Mom and I on the lift.

Celebrating at the bottom of a run! I love to SKI!!!!!

Here we come...Todd and Leah!

Daddy....

The group...Richard, Ginger, Leah and Todd. Kuchina Peak in the back ground.
Kissy face....my fave!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

It looks like y'all had an awesome time! Glad to hear that Todd did so well - I knew he would.

We welcome you home with open arms and 80 degree weather. From one extreme to the other, right? :)