Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Get Well Soon Grandma!!!!

Get well soon Grandma!

My precious grandmother, Juanita (my dad's mother) has been in the hospital this past weekend with high blood pressure and congestive heart failure. Amazingly, this was her first hospitalization since 1948, which was when she gave birth to my dad. What a lady, right, to stay so healthy for so many years! I only pray that it is in my genes to be soooo healthy!

She was discharged from the hospital late on Monday night. She has been home with my parents in Decatur for a few days, for some extra TLC and watch care. She is such a blessing to our family, and we are so happy that she is on the mend and gaining her strength back daily. She received excellent care at Harris Methodist Heart Center, and will be receiving home health care once she returns home to her retirement villa. These are a few pictures of Maggie and her, and Maggie and my mom from Monday when we visited.

Isn't she beautiful for nearly 85!

My grandma reads my blog...so I want to send her a special message! I love you so much Grandma, and am praising God that your health has improved so quickly. We are always here for you if you need us! You are so precious to me and to all of our family! Hang in there!
Maggie hanging out with Grandma on her hospital bed! Two cuties, for sure!
Sitting in the window at Grandma's hospital room. Have you ever seen grass, that green before?
Sitting with Grandma...Gigi and Maggie...

No comments: