Friday, March 13, 2009

Let the gate be opened...

The baby gate for our stairs...that is!

We have recently reached a new milestone at the Hunt household. Our sweet Maggie has learned to go up and down our stairs, all by herself! She has had the going up them, down for several months now...however getting down them was another story. We have had a baby gate on them since we moved into our house, back in September. I was so nervous about her falling down them. We are needing the gate NO more. In fact, the stairs have become her most favorite toy in the house! She goes up and down them, until she is out of breath and exhausted.

Speaking of breath...we are so thankful Maggie is breathing easier today. She has been sick with a bad case of bronchitis since Monday. She sounded so bad, and had us very worried for a few days. Her cough was so sad, had fever for 3 days, she had wheezes and so much phlem she threw up several times. She has seen the pediatrician twice this week for antibiotics and a breathing treatment. We are very thankful, that she seems to be on the mend.



I love this scripture... "And when Jesus went out He saw a great multitude; and He was moved with compassion for them, and healed their sick." Matthew 14:14. Thank you Lord for healing our sweet girl!


Maggie playing on the stairs, the baby gate open wide...check out all her toys she drug on the stairs. She was camped out there for a while.

Okay...so I know I have blogged before about my beautiful girls CrAzY hair in the morning, but this morning---was the wildest of all! Check it out. I swear this is fresh from the crib--no teasing or combing---she did that all by herself. I love the look on her face...she is like "what momma, get me my juice, already"! Too funny, huh!
A view of the back of that crazy mop...what about that single crazy curl right on her crown?
Just a cute pic from last weekend, at my sister in law's surprise 30th birthday party (the more tamed down version of that mop).

We hope everyone has a terrific weekend! I know it has been raining for days...and the blahh, cold wet weather can be kind of a drag...but I found this scripture and felt refreshed...I hope you do too! "The Lord God, sent an abundant rain, to refresh the weary Promised Land" Psalms 68:9.
Love to All!
Leah

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Whoa, the gate is down?!?! Baby Girl is growing up! :)

I'm so glad that Maggie is feeling better. We were praying (Clayton asked God to make Maggie better several times this week!).

I know that it was a hard week for all of you. Hope that your girl continues to improve and that y'all have a wonderful weekend!

Brent and Abbey said...

OH MY! That IS some crazy hair! Maggie must sleep GOOD! I would love to see a picture of you taming that crazy hair... does she sit still for that??!!! Beautiful girl!

PS- I noticed that Sonic drink on the stairs... your love for Sonic is AWESOME!