Monday, June 28, 2010

40 Weeks..its Sadie's due date!

Today is the day...our sweet Sadie's birthday! I am officially 40 weeks and 1 day pregnant. As I type I am already at the hospital checked in with labor induction in process. We are all three doing great and big sister Maggie is enjoying some time with her cousins Lincoln and Lucy, having a sleep over at Uncle Clay and Aunt Jenny's house.

I just received my number 2 dose of the cervical ripening medicine Cytotech. Things are moving along well. I am contracting anywhere from 1-5 minutes, but not in a super regular pattern yet. Not feeling too uncomfortable, or sleepy either. Wishing I was sleepy...it around 4:30 am. I am just too excited for sleep. The plan is to see our doc in the am around 7-8, break my water and start the pitocin. Then hopefully, it wont take too long from then to hold my baby girl.

The hospital is really nice, and I have a super sweet nurse tonight. Praise the Lord for all the good things going on.

What a miracle and precious design that God created...to be woman...to be pregnant and to deliver a precious brand new life. I can hardly wait!

Love to all,
Leah

P.S Updates and pics to come...as available!



2 comments:

Holly said...

I am sooooo excited for you! I can imagine what a hard time sleeping you had because I had a hard time sleeping! I kept waking up and wondering what you were doing, feeling, thinking ...

I can't wait to hold that precious little girl - maybe today?! We're continuing to pray for all of you!

Happy Birthday, Sadie!

Sarah said...

You are a gorgeous 40+ week pregnant Mommy! I can't believe how well you have done with this pregnancy. You never complained and were full of energy even at the very end. I am so, so proud of you!

I'm so thankful that Sadie is here and healthy! What a beautiful blessing! All of God's grace in one tiny face... :)