Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Sadie Rose Hunt welcome to the world!

Last, Tuesday June 29th at 1:10 p.m I had the privilege of giving birth to a precious, sweet and healthy baby girl. We named her Sadie Rose Hunt. We are living in a joyous and blissful state these last few days....because she is an absolute DOLL! We are so in love with her, and can't imagine life without her now.

I had a really wonderful labor and delivery experience. It was so much quicker and easier than my delivery with Maggie.

A little mini recap...We went in on Monday night at 9 p.m to begin the induction process. This involved the use of Cytotech tablets to help ripen and soften my cervix. I received a tablet at 11 p.m and then again at 4 a.m. At 7:30 a.m my OB/gyn came in to check my cervix and I was dilated to a 3. I had gone from 0 dilation to a 3 overnight, yay. He decided to break my water and see how labor would progress. To my surprise, literally within about 5 minutes I was in "full on" serious labor. My contractions were super intense, regular and frequent. They started at about 1-3 minutes apart and lasted around 30 seconds to a minute. This was without one drop of Pitocin, which was a real surprise. I had to have about 10 hours of pitocin to birth Maggie. After about an hour, my nurse highly recommended I get my epidural, due to the fast onset of my labor and the intensity of my pain. She checked me and by then I was almost dilated to a 6. I got my epidural, and had really good pain relief. I was able to visit, talk, rest and actually enjoy the remainder of labor. I got my epidural at about 10 a.m. We labored for the next few hours. Then it was time to push around 1 p.m. I pushed for about 10 minutes and my baby girl was born. My delivery was sweetened just a bit by the fact that I was able to have many of my favorite people in there with me during the process. Between the doctor, 2 nurses, myself and husband...and my 4 birthing buddies- my Mother, my Mother-in-law, my grandmother and my best friend...we had 9 people in the delivery room. It was a party! My motto is "the more, the merrier"! It was a real blessing and special time to have so many special people with us during Sadie's first moments.

She came out super healthy, strong and precious! We were able to have skin to skin time after they cleaned her up within the first few minutes of her sweet life. It was a precious time for this momma. She was able to nurse at about 30 minutes of life and did great. She had her bath, and I was moved to a post partum room and the rest is history. We have nothing but great things to say about Baylor Grapevine Hospital, too.

Sadie's pregnancy, labor, delivery and recovery have all proved to be so much easier this second time around. I have honestly, really felt GOOD this last week.

We are just so very thankful to the Lord for giving Sadie to us. She is really such a little piece of heaven. Todd and I felt instant love for her, and if it is possible...we think she actually is getting sweeter everyday. She is a super eater and sleeper.

I am so happy to report that Maggie seems to love her too. She is helpful, patient and very concerned about where her baby Sadie is and when she cries. We have really seen a sweet maternal side blossom in her as well. She likes to help with diaper changes, give her a paci and pick out her clothes. She is a wonderful big sister and seems to have grown up overnight!

We feel so very blessed to have 2 precious daughters!

Below is a recap in photos of our girls birthday! Beware....picture-palooza to begin! Ha.

Let labor begin...all smiles after my epidural.

My super sweet L & D nurse Jamie. She was really a wonderful nurse. She will always have a special place in my heart.
First breath...AMAZING! Praise God for a healthy, strong baby girl.
Lane, Sadie's nurse, checking her out...just minutes old. Apgars of 8 & 9 for all of my nursing buddies. Ha!
Ten precious toes...
9 lbs. 1 oz---of pure sweetness!
At least a pound each in those sweet kissable cheeks!
Precious pouty face...
2 adoring grandmothers and 1 great grandmother...
My first hold....
My wonderful, wonderful, wonderful doctor... Dr. Troy New. Love him to bits!
Eyes open...
First picture with daddy and mommy.
This is my niece Macy. Her and Sadie now share the same birthday....pretty special for cousins.
First prints...
In the nursery, about to get her bath...all stretched out...loving the room, I'd say!
21 inches long!
Todd introducing Maggie to Sadie...
PROUD big sister....that is Sadie in the back ground! Her grin is as big as her bows, right?
Maggie's first hold...
First family of 4 photo...I can't imagine being any happier!
Sweet treats for all of our precious visitors!
Daddy's first hold...
Dreamy smile...
Her going home outfit...made especially for Sadie by my sweet pal Sarah.



Daddy loading her up to go home...
All buckled in...
Proud daddy, ready to go...
Mommy and Sadie...

Loaded in the 'burb....home sweet home soon!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Welcome to the world, in deed!!! It's a much nicer place with you in it, Miss Sadie Rose! :)

I will never, ever forget the blessed day that Sweet Sadie was born! Thank you again for letting me be a part of your joyous day. I can't even put into words how special that was to me!

Girl, you have mad baby delivering skillz! You amazed me at how controlled and focused you were. I respect and love you on a whole new level now. You have done so well, my friend!

Candice said...

Leah, she is so beautiful! CONGRATULATIONS on her exciting arrival! So thankful to the Lord that everyone is healthy and well! Love to you all.

Brent and Abbey said...

Oh, Leah... what wonderful pictures! We can't wait to get to know Sadie! We love your family so much!

Anonymous said...

I would love to put a baby in macy, the girl next door was 8 our first time I was 19