Thursday, December 15, 2011

Thankful...

*Disclaimer: I am way behind on blogging lately. The only excuse I can claim...is just the busy season of life I am in right now. Between, my girls, hubby and animals...working a little extra...and spending time doing "life" stuff (you know--laundry, keeping house, grocery/Christmas shopping, church, etc) my down time has become, zero. I know all of you fellow bloggers and blog readers are in the same boat. But it does make me a little sad to be so behind on keeping up my blog. We use this as a personal family scrap book. So this is a quick effort to report on several past times I want to remember! I have pics uploaded and plan to blog lots over the next few days. Happy reading~!!!

Thankful...

We had a great Thanksgiving 2011. We spent an equal amount of time with both Todd and my family. This is a rarity with so many schedules. But somehow we made it work.We had the annual Flynt Family Fish fry for Thanksgiving with my side of the family. We love to do things a little different...and none of us except Todd are all that particular about "traditional" Thanksgiving food. Yummo! We had fish, hush puppies, stuffed jalapeno peppers, coleslaw, beans and tons of fixins'. We had a total of 23 people there, which I think is something extra special to celebrate.

We celebrated with the Hunts too. We all met for dinner and fellowship at Todd's brother Clays house. We had the traditional Thanksgiving food, and it was delicious. We all ate ourselves into comas, ha! The cousins played and it was a great evening together. There was a total of 17 of us there. I treasure my BIG family, and am so thankful to get to see the majority of them on a regular basis!!!

We all have so very much to be thankful for. Our families, homes, jobs, health, freedom, happiness...but most of all our Salvation! I adore the holiday season...starting with Thanksgiving.

Below is the one and only (which is so rare for me to only take one picture???) picture I have from Thanksgiving. It's our annual "ladies" picture we take from the Flynt side of the family. Love the ladies in my life!!!

My Nana, Maggie, Morgan, my Grandma Flynt, Macy then Sadie, myself, my mom, sis in law Melissa and sis in law Lindsay...ages 87 down to 16 months...HA! Quite the group!

This is our pic from the last year...2010. Sadie was so tiny! Just 4 months old.
Here is our 2009 picture. Love it! Maggie still had a little toddler look about her. And Sadie was just starting to grow in my belly. I was about 8 weeks preggo here.


So fun to look back over the last few years!

Praise God for family.

Love to all,
Leah

No comments: