Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Catching up with some old pals...

This last Sunday evening, I got to go out for some real live girlie time! Girlie time with several of my old work pals, that I just don't get to see much anymore.

Recently my good friend Melissa (she and I started working in the NICU at Cook's on the same day) has been through some difficult times. She lost her mother in law to cancer in February and then just 2 weeks later, her dad was diagnosed with a very rare form of lymphoma that is at Stage 4. Needless to say she needs her friends right now at this trying time. So we arranged an evening out for dinner and fellowship. We all met at Pappasitos in Ft. Worth. We had a wonderful time and I think it was just the pick me up she needed.

I would appreciate any and all prayer for healing for her father, Mike.

These gals and I go way back. Back to when we were brand new graduate nurses, back to when we were singles, back to before we were mothers...it is so rewarding to have a history with your pals. I am thankful to have had the chance to catch up (thanks Mr. Mom...a.k.a Todd...for a night out with my friends). We sat and visited for almost 3.5 hours!


From L to R...Annette, NaCole, Toni (holding Olivia, NaCole's little girl), Melissa, Ally, me, Leslie and Brianne

My best buds...L to R, Amber, Melissa and me

Just for fun...we pulled the old "hey it is her birthday trick, when it wasn't really her birthday" just to see her dance and turn 10 shades of red. This is Toni, she is the nurse manager at Cook's that hired me back in 2001. She has been a great mentor to me and all of my pals!
Good friends are a real treasure!

1 comment:

Mindy said...

How fun! Melissa looks great, and I was just thinking about her and wondering what she was up to. I am so sorry to hear about her dad. I will be praying for her and her family.