Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Seriously falling down on the job...

Seriously, I really fell down on my mom job this last Easter weekend! You are looking at the ONE and ONLY picture I took to document my sweet girls 2nd Easter! At least it is a cute one of my two Easter loves! They are pretty snazzy looking in their Easter outfits, don't you think?

We got this ONE picture right before rushing out the door to church. As far as getting a picture after church...all of you moms out there understand why that is not possible, right! The outfit all wrinkled, the curls gone, the bow ditched...several graham cracker stains (from the good ole church nursery) and a very tired, spent toddler, ready for her nap...a picture---NO CHANCE! So this one and only picture will have to do...unless we could arrange a re-do photo shoot. Don't think Todd would go for that! Oh well, life goes on!

We had a very low key Easter. We went to church, then to Cheesecake factory for brunch with Todd"s bro and his family...Craig, Mandy, Davis and Faith, as well as Todd's Aunt Marsha and Uncle Lee and their son Zach. They were passing through town headed back home to Austin. It had been at least 3 years since we had seen them last. But once again, I fell down on my job, and did not have my camera with me to document their visit. It was great to see them, though.

Most of my family had other plans, were out of town or working...so we didn't get to celebrate together this year. We celebrated with the rest of Todd's family the weekend before...see 2 posts-ago below. The weather was dreary, cold and wet. So we spent the Easter afternoon back in our jammies, relaxing at home together. It was nice.


Also, below is my ONE and ONLY picture of my girl with the bluebonnets this year. ONE and ONLY because for some reason, my otherwise fearless girl decided to become deathly afraid of the bluebonnets and was literally stuck to me like glue. I mean it, she would not let me set her down on the ground or get near them, by herself. Who knew, bluebonnets could be so terrifying?

This is especially odd, since flowers are usually one of Mag's favorite! She says flower (well actually she says flow-Fer, it is so cute the ways she adds the extra F), points out every flower we pass by and will sniff anything that remotely resembles a flower. It is one mystery I just can't figure out. Oh, well...once again life goes on!

The last picture may seem random. It was a hilarious moment this a.m. for me. Maggie went and found a bag of cotton balls while I was on the phone with my mom. She played with them for at least 10 minutes. The really hilarious part, was that she had stuffed about 15 of them down her shirt! What? What was she doing or thinking? Who knows! You can't see it to well in the pic, but they are there. She is looking at me once again, like, "What are you laughing at Mom?"





Daddy and his girl...Easter 2009
Mommy and her girl...in the bluebonnets!
Who knew cotton balls could be so much fun?

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Maggie looked absolutely stunning on Easter Sunday - just a doll! Her dress and flower/bow were B-E-A-utiful!

I love her look in the cottonball picture. Too funny! You know she was thinking, "What's the big deal, Mommy?" She's so easy to please - a bag of cottonballs is cheap entertainment! :)

Candice said...

What a sweetie! Glad you guys had a nice Easter.

Mandy said...

So funny - Maggie and the cotton balls! Everything that girl does is cute!