Thursday, December 5, 2013

Maggie is a GA, and our Mother/daughter banquet...

Our sweet Maggie got to become a GA (Girl in Action) this year at our church, since she is a 1st grader. So far, she has LOVED it. They gather at church each Wednesday for songs, games and learning time with other girls about Missions and spreading the Good News. She has 2 really sweet leaders and a darling youth worker that make her time there wonderful. 

Recently she and I got to attend her Mother/Daughter GA banquet. This year marked the 100th Birthday of the GA organizaition nation wide. I was a GA back in my 1-6th grade years too. Pretty special share in the experience with Maggie. We had a yummy meal, had our pictures taken, enjoyed some sweet singing, and got to hear a lovely testimony. A local "missionary kid" who is a grown woman now, spoke about her life growing up as a MK in Kenya. It was a really great night!

Some momentos from the night...



We are very thankful for our home church in MANY ways, but especially thankful for programs like GA's that help teach our daughters about Jesus.

1 comment:

Honey said...

I was a GA when I was a child! I'm not quite 100, but knew it must have been around for a long time. I think it was called Girl's Auxiliary and I made it to the princess level :) So glad you can share it with her. Holly's mom