Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Fun to share...our baby girls name!!!

I thought since it has been almost 3 weeks since my last post, I would go ahead and share our name that we have selected for our precious baby girl.

Our sweet baby girl is gonna be named Sadie Rose Hunt!

It took us about a 1/2 second to decide on her name. The name Sadie has been a favorite of ours for years. In fact, it was our "back up" name when we had Maggie...just in case she came out not looking like a Mag.

I love cheerful, girlie and slightly southern names...and we think Sadie fits all of those perfectly. We chose Rose because it is a little old fashioned and timeless!

Our baby girl is growing by the second, I swear! She is such a busy little thing, too. She moves all day long! I am almost 24 weeks pregnant. This is a reassuring week to me (its the NICU nurse in me), because 24 weeks is the earliest viable gestational age...heaven forbid...I had pre-term labor. It is pretty crazy to be 24 weeks pregnant, and then go to work and take care of a 24 weeker in the NICU.

Praise the Lord for a healthy and strong pregnancy so far, and NO signs of any pre-term labor.

We are going to be starting the process of moving Maggie to a big girl room, and preparing Sadie's new room in the next few weeks. It is so much fun! I love this part of pregnancy...all the getting ready stuff.

Love to all,
Leah

5 comments:

Melissa said...

YEAH! I love that name! :) Maggie and Sadie...sounds so cute together! Can't wait to meet sweet Sadie. :)

Sarah said...

Miss Sadie Rose is going to be PERFECT from head to toe! With that sweet Southern name, how could she not be?!?!? I love it! I just can't help but to smile when I see or read her beautiful name... :)

Holly said...

Leah, that name is perfect! I'm excited to put a face with a name this Summer! I'm so thankful she's a healthy, busy little bee. I'm excited to see the nursery and Maggie's new room. :)

Cheryl said...

Love it, love it, LOVE IT!

It is on my list for the next baby - months and months and months from now.

Which hospital do you work at? I have a few friends that are NICU nurses. Maybe you work together.

POPography said...

Oh yay! CONGRATS!!!
I can remember seeing Maggie's room before she was born. My how time flies.
The name is gorgeous.

Can't wait to see the new arrival!