Monday, March 8, 2010

A big day in the life of a GIRL...

This last Friday, March 5th marked a big day in our girls life. She got her very first haircut!

We had waited long enough (2 years 9 months and 5 days to be exact---ha), and our sweet girls hair was slowly growing into a "mullet". You know...short on the sides and super long in the back? I could not believe how sentimental I was about her hair. I had been dreading the day that we would have to cut that precious, fine hair that had been on her head since birth. Ugh, it gave me a tummy ache just thinking about it. None the less, you know its time to bite the bullet when the daddy is the one speaking up and saying..."her hair is a ratty mess. She needs a haircut!"

Turns out I did not have to experience this painful (what a drama queen I am being about this one) day alone. My precious friend Sarah, was feeling the same way about her son, Drew. He had the most beautiful and sweet blonde curls growing, and was just sick about having to cut them...but once again the daddy & granddaddy spoke up and said..."ummm...those need to go!" So we did it together, and the heartache didn't seem to be so bad...going through it on the same day with your friend.

I decided the little girl salon in Southlake called Sweet & Sassy was a fun place to get the haircut. Maggie did sooooooo well, and actually enjoyed the process. No major tears were shed by either of us.

Honestly, you may not even be able to tell from the pics that Mag had much of her hair cut, but I promise they cut off 1.5 inches....and that was plenty enough for this momma. It really helped even the sides and the back out a bit and made it look healthier and more shaped. I am sure before summer gets here we will go back for another inch or dare I say, 2!
Our sweet and sassy girl in front of the salon Sweet & Sassy!
One last look at those precious curls!
Getting all sprayed down for the cut.
Oh, be still my heart....there it goes. The first cut!
Sniffle, sniffle!
The final outcome...looks thicker already, right?
Her first professional style...one for her baby book for sure!
Complete with glitter hairspray (no joke), a pink glitter star on her face and a free sucker!
Her sweet stylist Tiffany!
Her certificate, complimentary picture and baggie of curls!

What a blessing and joy to have such a happy, healthy and precious daughter!

We love you so much Mag and enjoy celebrating all of life's little milestones (even this small one) with you!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I'm glad that we were able to brave that milestone together, too! I loved being there to see Mags get her first haircut. She was so darling with her, "I'm getting a princess haircut!" I love that she's a girly girl! I gotta get my fix with her & Sadie. ;)