Sunday, March 28, 2010

Let the nesting begin...

Hello blog-o-sphere! Long time no see!

One could say the "nesting bug" has bitten me. It is truly amazing how when you are pregnant, you get this inner drive, energy burst, manic motivation, whatever you want to call it....to get things done! Poor Todd has been so patient with me, as I have been "project" ing him to death. We finally had a day today, Sunday...with no project at hand. He was quite relieved, and got some well deserved rest.

In the last 2 weeks, I/we have cleaned out 4 closets, cleaned out my kitchen drawers, made kitchen curtains (with help from my Mom and Nana), hung living room curtains, painted two rooms, made Sadie's crib bedding/curtain (again with help from Mom and Nana), set up/decorated Maggie's big girl room and transitioned Maggie to her big girl bed...whew! I love it. I love getting everything ready and in order for life to change when our Sadie arrives.

Now I am going to concentrate on working solely on Sadie's nursery. I can't wait to start washing all her tiny little clothes, blankies and burpies and putting them away. It is gonna be so fun to get out all of our baby stuff too...swings, toys, car seat...all the essentials.I know it is still 12-13 weeks away until Sadie will be born. But I want to be ready, and rest and relax those last few weeks.

Maggie made her transition to her big girl room quite seamlessly. We are very proud of her. The biggest accomplishment was that she left her beloved paci's behind in her crib. Yes, I know. It was a bit extreme that she was 2.5 years old and still taking a paci, but it just wasn't a big deal to us. It was the last "baby" thing for her, and we were all 3 clinging to it. Todd and I both think paci's are pretty cute. She would only take it during naps and at night. Our rule was that the paci had to stay in the crib. When we started to begin work on her big girl room, we started talking about that big girls didn't take paci's, and that big girls slept in a big girl bed. The paci's needed to stay in the crib for baby Sadie, since babies took paci's. Okay, you get the picture. Mag only asked about her paci's once or twice, but never fussed or cried for it, like we thought she would.

So far she is sleeping well in her new bed. She has been up a little earlier than normal, and napping about 30 minutes less than normal. But overall, the transition has gone great. She hasn't gotten up or out of the bed either, she waits for us to come and get her up.

I am hoping to get my camera back(wow Camera repair is costly $$$) from NIKON sometime this week...yay!!! So hopefully, I can share some pics of my new curtains, Mag's new room and the early stages of Sadie's room...if you are interested????

Hope everyone has had a good weekend. Happy "Holy" Week. We are looking forward to celebrating our RISEN Savior this next Sunday.

Jesus is our reason for this Easter season!

Love to all,
Leah

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Man, would you bring that nesting energy (and your Mom & Nana) over to my house??? Our To Do List is a mile long with projects. Ha! ;)

I am so proud of Miss Mags! What a big girl! I knew that she would do a great job moving to her big girl room and ditching the paci. She made her Auntie Sarah proud!!!

I cannot wait to see Sadie Girl's room!!! I just know that it is overflowing with cuteness! I'm dying to see the finished product. :-)