Monday, November 24, 2008

Thanksgiving # 1...

We just had Thanksgiving number 1 for 2008 with all of Leah's side of the family, The Flynt's and The Kuykendall's...we will celebrate number 2 later this week with Todd's family in Lubbock. Isn't it a blessing that once you get married you get 2 families...that means twice the celebrating, right?

We celebrated our Thanksgiving this last Sunday at our new house. I have sooooo much to be thankful for....listen to this....3 precious grandparents, 1 sweet great aunt, 2 healthy wonderful parents, 2 awesome BIG brothers, 2 sweet sister-in-laws, 5 adorable neices and nephews, 2 loving aunts/2 kind uncles, 2 beautiful cousins and a couple of priceless family friends (and that is just Leah's side of the family)...a wonderful husband and a sweet as could be daughter! 25 total blessings, to be exact! Thank you God for my treasure of a family.

This was my debut as a cook for a large crowd. I could not have done it with out my wonderful momma's help. She taught me so much! I learned family recipes and the art to cooking a juicy turkey. Thank you mom for loving me and helping when ever I call (which is daily) and thanks family for being my guinea pigs!

It was a joy to gather together and fellowship! You all are welcome at our home, anytime!

Love to all, and Happy Thanksgiving!

Below are random pictures from the day...I wished I had snapped more. I was pretty tied up in the kitchen, though.


Todd, Leah and sweet Maggie...


Maggie checking out the pumpkin decorations...


Some of the gals gathering in the kitchen...

Daddy, Nana and Uncle Tom watching the Cowboys game...


Let the fun begin....my first buffet line


All the rowdy cousins having their meal...

We all almost squezzed into my ktichen...



Maggie all tuckered out at the end of the day...watching some baby einstein DVD, paci and her blankie and dog (her favorites)


1 comment:

Sarah said...

Wow - I am so impressed that you tackled cooking Thanksgiving dinner for your family! That is amazing. I wouldn't even know where to begin... I guess I would start by calling you! :)

I haven't met your sweet Mama, but I know that she must be one great lady. She sure did a wonderful job of raising her sweet daughter!