Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Maggie vs. The Kitchen Table Bench...

Is there anything worse than seeing your precious child hurting? Oh, it just rips your heart to pieces, right?

Maggie vs. The Kitchen Table Bench...the bench won....sadly!

A late morning game of chase with Maggie's favorite playmate...Buddy our daschund, turned into a pretty ugly booboo. Her little footed PJ's don't give her the best traction on our hardwood floor and right before my eyes she smacked into the corner of our bench with her little face/eye! I swear that 99.9% of her accidents happen when I am just a foot away. Why is that?

Many of the experienced Mommy's in my life have the greatest advice for this area...but it doesn't make it any easier. They say "First of many booboo's, Mom, get used to it"!

I am so thankful to our Lord and creator, that he designed our bodies to be so resilient and tough! She was done crying, and laughing at my silly song in no time at all...just a few minutes!

I have to say I think it may be the cutest and sadest little shiner I ever did see!



Maggie's first shiner


Her nemesis....the corner! (Please ignore the muddy paw prints and dust bunnies in the background...cleaning day....tomorrow, right?)

Precious smile, to make mommy know, it was going to be OKAY!
Thank you God!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Oh my goodness, Leah! I am so glad you have come over to the darkside: blogging! Just kidding, but I am warning you, it is mighty addictive.

That little Mag-Pie is a doll and I am so very jealous of her beautiful hair!

Your blog looks great & I am so excited we can keep up with each other better now!

Amy

Sarah said...

Poor sweet little Maggie - OUCH! I know that it hurt your heart even more than it hurt her face. I'm sure that precious girl will be good as new in no time. I must say, that is the prettiest little bruised face that I ever did see. :)