Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Family Beach Trip 2013...

For the last 3 summers, my side of the family has planned a trip to the Texas coast. We rent a beach house on Bollivar Island and enjoy Crystal Beach for a week. It is a wonderful time together as a family. We play at the beach all day, eat a ton, sleep, go crabbing and play games. We would go from our pj's to our swim suits, then back to our pj's! No make-up for a week...and got a great tan. The kids get their cups filled up with cousin time. It is one of my favorite times of the year.


Our family loaded up and on the road!
First peek at the ocean. We all make a big deal about it in the car when we see and smell the ocean! We know it means we are getting close.
Once you reach Galveston, you take about a 45 minute ferry boat ride even further south to Bollivar Island. This time it proved to be a fun little sunset mini cruise for us. We fed the beach eagles (that is what my girls call the sea gulls, ha!), saw about 20 dolphins and watched the sunset. So special!




Every day we set up at the beach. We are a well oiled machine...complete with 1 golf cart, and ATV, a truck, 2 tents, cooloers, chairs, tubes, floats, boogie boards and $$$ for the ice cream truck.


We would eat lunch and snack...play, float, dig in the sand and lay out! AHHHH, it was my heaven on earth. Family, sun and the beach...yes, please!

My little beach bum Sadie! 




And my mermaid, Maggie!



So glad I have some "summer loving" girls!

Me and my amazing big brothers!

Precious crew of Flynt/Hunt kiddos...7 cousins! Ages 13 down to 3... 

Sisters...
Gigi and her granddaughters...
The 4 beautiful girl cousins...

This year was the best water year yet. Meaning there was hardly any sea weed, which has been a problem in the past. However, we did run into some jelly fish. Sadie and I both got stung. But it wasn't too bad. We both got right back in the water the next day. The weather was perfect, and the company even better. Love my family, so much and count them as one of my dearest blessing from the Lord.

Nothing better than spending time together and making memories.



Gigi and Papa and all 7 grandkids!

Our crew of 15!!! 

No comments: