Saturday, February 2, 2013

First lost tooth...Maggie


How, oh how could it be that my baby girl is big enough to loose teeth already??? 

I still remember her precious gummy grin so vividly as a baby...and then when those sweet little pearly teeth began to peek through. Seems like a minute ago...not 5.5 years.




Maggie was so excited to have a loose tooth. Several of her class mates and friends had lost teeth already. She had told me for months that several of her teeth were loose. But it was just in her imagination. Then one day she was eating her lunch and exclaimed that she had a loose tooth...and it was true! From the day she discovered it being loose, to when it came out was just about 5 days. It happened so fast! She handled it so bravely and confidently. Me, not so much. I cried, I'll admit it. On several different occasions. I try to not be a"drama mama", but seeing that little wiggly tooth---tugged on my heart strings. It was a big, red, flashing sign...saying "YOUR BABY ISN'T A BABY ANYMORE". Sob!
A few last pics of that sweet, sweet perfect little smile!
Her tooth was soooo wiggly, we were afraid she might swallow it in her sleep. So on January 14th, Maggie lost her first tooth. Todd has been declared our official tooth-puller. He is really good at it. I am so thankful for that!
YouTube Video
Her nervous giggle...and "Awesome" declaration crack me up!

You can barely see her tee-tiny little tooth in her hand!
Maggie was super excited about the tooth fairy. She told me that night, that she was gonna sleep with one eye open to try and get a glimpse of the tooth fairy. Ha! My sweet bestie, Sarah made her this adorable "Tooth Fairy" pillow...and it even matches her room. Maggie loves it!!!

And then just 10 days later on January 24th, she lost her second tooth! And her little permanent teeth are already immerging. 
Before we know it, it's gonna be make-up and first cars! Ahhhh! Where are those bricks to place on her head???

No comments: