Saturday, May 19, 2012

Being a Mother...

I read this on a blog I love to follow about what a privilege it is to be a Mother...

It is a delightful wonder that God has chosen us to receive His gift of children and to realize that it is our great blessing to love, protect, and train them. As the years begin to go by, it is sometimes a surprise to discover that in addition to impacting a child's life God accomplishes another purpose in parenting. Through the challenges, frustrations, joys, and observation of human nature in our little ones, we, ourselves, can be personally conformed more and more to the image of our Lord Jesus Christ. What an added dimension this gives to the calling of a parent--God is using the children He has given me to mold me...
(Me & my Mother...Maggie and Sadie)


...Recognizing the place God wants you to be, being satisfied in it, and doing your part diligently are significant steps for parents. It is possible to overlook the seriousness of this privileged role. The temptation is great to respond to the world's clamoring that only outside the home can an adult do something worthwhile, fulfilling, or beneficial for mankind. And it is very easy to neglect the daily opportunities to nurture a child. (BSF International, Isaiah 2010)

(Me and my girls...)

As another Mother's Day rolls by, I am praying that I would remember what an incredible privilege it is to be a mama. That I would be content in the place God has called me as a parent. That I would see God's incredible purpose in my job as Maggie and Sadie's mom. And that not only would the Lord use me to impact the lives of my children, but that He would also use my children to mold me.
(The best Mama, I know...mine!)


It is a privilege to be a Mama.

Let's never forget that.


Love to all,
Leah

1 comment:

Melanie Mueller said...

Awesome post!! We are such BLESSED Mamas!!! That is a beautiful picture of you four ladies!!!!