Saturday, July 30, 2011

Zzzz's...

To say that our sweet Maggie has had sleeping issues this year...is an understatement. I can count on one hand how many nights she has slept ALL night long without getting/waking up. An awful side effect of the steroids she has been on for most of the last year. But insomnia has been a small sacrifice for the benefit the steroids have offered to her kidneys. Thankfully, the insomnia has not taken too bad of a toll on Mags attitude or behavior during the day. It has just been hard on Todd and I.

Well, my girl has been getting some good, solid, long zzz's this week. She has had 4 real nights of sleep. Real meaning several long hours straight...maybe even all night (9-8)or only getting up once. Praise the Lord!!!! Such an answer to this mommas prayers.

She is completely OFF her steroids right now (almost off a week)! This I think is the primary reason for the improvement in sleep. But also we have been offering some rewards and incentives for "staying in her bed ALL night long". We have also been skipping her afternoon nap from time to time. I think she may be ready to go to every other day naps...or naps just when she seems like she needs it. We have previously been very regular about getting her nap. I am a firm believer in kids getting good rest, both for their health/growth and for their mommas sanity, ha!

As one of Mags rewards, I had bought her this sleep mask (her 9 year old cousin has one, and Mags thought it was so cool).

She just makes me giggle when I see her in it. She loves wearing it and seems to think it helps with some zzzz's.

My motto is "whatever works"!!!!

Love my sweet sleeping beauty!!!

Nightey night! Yawn!

Love to all,
Leah





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

4 comments:

Rainey Daye said...

What a cute little sleeping beauty!!

dallasbrewers said...

my heart melts!

Cheryl said...

She. Looks. Precious.

So glad to hear that she is feeling better.

Holly said...

Soooo sweet. What a precious and strong girl. I'm proud of you both!