Saturday, July 2, 2011

Family fun in the sun!

What fun a family beach trip is! 
We took a little trip down south to Crystal Beach off of Bolivar Island near Galveston for a week with my side of the family. My parents, brother and wives, and nephews and nieces all went (15 total). We rented a 4 bedroom house right on the beach. It was lovely! I went from pj's to my swim suit  and then back to pj's most days...didn't wear makeup for 5 days and didn't drive a car. We ate well, slept well,  and played hard in the the ocean. It was a special time away with family to make some memories.

This was the first time for my girls to see and experience the ocean, and they are both FANS now.
Mags on our first day there...

\
Me and my girl...

Feeding the sea gulls...or as Mag's likes to call them..."beach eagles". Ha!

Sitting in the surf...

Stove-top smores....love them! Aren't those sunkissed faces so cute?

Perfect waves for swimming, playing, ocean kayaking, tubing and boogie boarding. We did them all!

A view from the beach looking towards our house. Ours was the peach colored one, 5th from the right.

Snack time on the shore...


The guys enjoyed a little beach horse-shoes game.

Our little set up, every day. It was perfect. We had shade, transportation, entertainment, food/drink and plenty of sunscreen. What more could you want?


My little family...

My darling parents...


Our entire gang! 



My oldest brother Justin and wife Melissa...and their little ones Morgan, Jerod and Joshua.

My other brother Jason and wife Lindsay...and their little ones Macy and Jackson.

Sadie loved the sand and surf...she would crawl all around and loved the freedom.


Such a cutie!


Craft time with Gigi!

My summer girl!

It has been decided that this will be an annual or every other year kind of trip for us. We just had the best time and really got to reconnect and enjoy one another as a family. What a joy and blessing it is to have such a loving and sweet family. They are some of my greatest treasures!

Love to all,
Leah

P.S To finish off the week, Todd and I came home via San Antonio with the girls to go to Sea World and stay at the Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort. Pics and a post about that to come soon. :)

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I can tell that y'all had the best time! I know how special that your family is to you, so I am glad that you got some quality time with them. Your family made you who you are today, and I love them for that! :)

I especially loved the pictures of your little beach beauties! I know that they had the time of their lives!

Candice said...

FUN!!! Glad you had such a wonderful time with your family! :)