Monday, January 23, 2012

January...in i-phone pictures...

Nothing too out of the ordinary been going on in our lives during January. But everyday stuff is my forte! 

I like plain ole', simple, routine kind of days. We enjoy being at home. I love seeing my girls interact together...playing together inside and outside...being creative and silly, making memories. I know all too soon...our life is going to get busier and more scheduled with school next year. Lately, I have been trying to take a picture almost everyday with my phone...so I can remember what the days where like with a 4 and 1 year old.

Random pics to follow...
Maggie adores her "My little Ponies"...it is has been a big phase, that has lasted a long time. She bathes/shampoos them almost daily. They have the best groomed hair in the house. Love the high-heels too! So flattering and precious to me that she wants to be like me.  
Snoozing in the car. I had to document this...because it almost never happens. She is just NOT a car sleeper, and never has been. Even when she was a tee-tiny baby. She is getting SO tall, she even looks big in her booster seat. She has grown 3.5 inches since August, and is in the 95% percentile for height (43 lbs-75% for weight). We are praising the Lord for her health and growth lately! She just had her 4 year pediatrician well visit, that is why I know those numbers. 
Mags dolling up Sadie! Oh...this is just the beginning of little sister being the guinea pig. HA! Trying out some blue eye shadow! 
Even though its January, we have had some sunny and nice days out. We have been enjoying our driveway, lots. Riding bikes, drawing with sidewalk chalk and watering the flowers are the girls favorites. 
Sadie Rose...trying to figure out the tricycle. 
Sweet sisters... 
This is our Charlie. He is the best cat. Sweet and tolerant, spicy and playful...curious and confident. He startled me and I screamed out loud when I came in our kitchen and found him perched ON TOP of my refrigerator. This was indeed a first for him! Crazy cat. He entertains us daily. We love our animals, and can't imagine life without them. 
The girls looking at the hamsters and mice at the pet store. We frequently make a trip to our trusty Petsmart. At least twice a month. The girls love it. Its free, a mile away, and provides at least an hour of entertainment. Both my girls LOVE animals and never seem to tire of seeing them.  
Grandma Flynt (my paternal grandmother) and the girls. Aren't they all three just beauties???
My Grandma recently moved to a new retirement home and we had gone for a visit to see it. My Grandma, even though she is 87 (will be 88 in April) ...still makes every visit for grandchildren or great grandchildren a fun visit. Here she was giving a ride to both my girls on her walker! They LOVED it! 

The girls got a see-saw from Gigi and Papa...just for fun. They have spent many an hour...just see-sawing. They usually sing or say "See-saw" or up-down while doing it. It's been a simple and sweet thing for them to share. This one is awesome too. All plastic, light weight and never dumps anyone out, when the other rider gets off.
We have been to our fun bounce house place twice this month too. I bought a punch card on Groupon, for $10 for 10 bounces and we have loved using it up! 


Learning how to climb from sister! 
My little crafty Mags got a bead kit for Christmas and this has been another fun thing for her and I to do together. Her fine motor skills are amazing, for 4. This is a sweet little ankle bracelet she made for herself. 
The girls do this pretty regularly too. But usually one or two of the animals is in the cabinet with them too. HA! They jump out and scream BOO! Love hearing their little giggles from inside the cabinet. 
Never a dull moment. Fun with 3D glasses left over from some movie we saw!!! 

Mags has been practicing and learning her letters. She almost can recognize them all. A few still trip her up. We have bribed (no shame) her with a trip to Chucky Cheese, when she can recognize and write them all. She needed a little extra motivation to get to working on them more. We want to be ready for Kindergarten next year! YAY! 
Mags loves to paint her own nails. And, yes, I let her. She does an amazing job, especially for 4! I don't even have to clean up the edges any more. I love that she is girlie and likes to change the color often. Like mother, like daughter. :)
Speaking of girlie...it is just in our DNA. My Nana (my maternal grandmother) loves jewelry and accessories. She recently cleaned out her jewelry box and made a goody bag full of "clip on" earrings for Maggie. She was in heaven!!! She sat at the bar for an hour and tried them all on and would admire them on herself in her little hand held mirror. It was so fun to watch. Nothing better than dress up, when you are 4.
Both of my girls have enjoyed playing in our dog crate. Sadie has figured out how to open/close and latch the door to ours. She can entertain herself for 20 minutes doing this. It's the simple things, right?


Okay---those are all the pics I have for now. Sorry that some of them are blurry. My camera on my phone isn't the best. 

Love to all & have a good week,
Leah

1 comment:

Rainey Daye said...

Oh gosh, love all the pics of the girlies...especially the one of Sadie with the eyeshadow and the one of Maggie painting her toenails. That Maggie is such a girlie-girl!! Too cute!!