Saturday, May 21, 2011

Owen Thomas Carpenter

Nothing sweeter, than a newborn babe! Plain and simple...newborns are one of God's greatest gift to me...and all Mommas!

Two weeks ago, today...my heart was filled up again as my best friends precious and perfect 3rd son was born.

Owen Thomas Carpenter (doesn't he have a great name) was born on Saturday May 7th, at 12:59 pm. He weighed 8 lbs 10 oz, and was 21 inches long. He and my Sarah both did superb! They both had a perfect delivery. He had the most beautiful complexion and sweet little head of hair. He was welcomed home by awesome big brothers Clayton (6) and Drew (2). You should visit Sarah's blog HERE, to hear a fun recap of Owen's birthday. It may or may not contain some hilarious antics that include selling a car, Sarah coloring her hair, and last minute packing...all before going to the hospital after her water broke!
Sarah made the pregnancy and delivery seem so easy. I was truly inspired. She bounced right back from a c-section and  recovered so quickly (she only took 1 pain pill, she is some kind of super-woman). Her and Wade both have transitioned to 3 kiddos, so smoothly. They seem to have endless energy and patience. We are so glad for their excellent example.

The Hunt's couldn't be happier for our best pals the Carpenters. They have been calling little Owen their "grand finale"...as they think he might be their last...and he is SOOOOO grand, indeed!
Love at first sight!  Oh my, he is so YUMMY!
What a precious family of 5! 
Sweet Baby Owen
Maggie was smitten from first introduction too. 
It is such a gift to share in the blessing of new life. I could not ask for a better friend in my Sarah, and I am so lucky to be a part of her kiddos lives. Oh how I can't wait to see little O grow. 

Now, all I need is a 3rd daughter and we will both be set. We have signed in blood, and agreed on arranged marriages for our children. We think they will be perfect matches for one another....and Yes, they have no say in the matter. HA! Then Sarah and I will be not only friends, but family. Pretty smart, huh?

Love to all,
Leah

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Aw, thanks for the sweet post dedicated to Baby O! I am going to print it out for his baby book. :)

Thank you for loving my baby boy like he is your own! You did so many wonderful things to make his birth special. I am so, so grateful for you! Love you GOBS!