Wednesday, October 6, 2010

First Pumpkin Patch of the year...

Last Friday, was our official first visit to the pumpkin patch this year. The weather has been so beautiful here the last week or so, and we were thrilled to have a fun outdoor activity to do...without melting. Ha! We loaded up with some of our favorite people, The Carpenter's, and headed north to a sweet little patch up in Wise County near my parents house. My Mom also joined us for the day once we got there. My girls loved spending the morning with their Gigi.

It was a darling place, owned by a family that I have known for years. The very best part of the trip was that we had the entire place...ALL to ourselves. It was only the patches second official day to be open to the public this year and we were so happy to be the only ones there. What a treat!

The pumpkin patch had all of our favorite things...a fish pond, a petting zoo with bunnies, goats and baby chicks...a corn maze, bounce house and swinging bridge/slide...face painting, pumpkins to buy and a barrel train ride. We had a super time and were able to get a few sweet Fall pictures from the day, too.

We topped off the day with some McDonald's for lunch, and everyone was down for a nap by 3! Whew, what fun. Hope to get to a few more pumpkin patches again soon. Such a fun Fall activity!

Love to all,
Leah


Clayton, Drew and Maggie feeding the fish...
Holding a baby chick...they were only 2 weeks old! So fun for my little animal lover to be so close and get to hold one.
How cute, right? Bunnyville!
Me and my girls...
Impossible to get them both looking in the same direction....
Sisters...
My Mom and I...what a wonderful Momma I have!
My bestie....my Sarah blesses me so much!
The barrel train ride...hold on Mag!
In the pumpkins...
Feeding the goats....
This one is for Mag's Poppa!!! A city girl can be country, too??? He will be proud!
Pals checking out the swinging bridge/slide!

A pink pumpkin face painting!

HAPPY FALL, Y'ALL!!!!

1 comment:

Candice said...

Leah, you look great! I love the pumpkin patch, too! :)