Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Weekend in the country...

This last weekend we went to the country to celebrate Mother's day and a birthday. When I say the country....I mean Decatur. I joke around and say the "country" only because I have been a city dweller for the last 7 years. Ha! I grew up country and am glad for my county experience and upbringing, and glad that my parents and siblings all still live the country life. It is wonderful to visit. But for me...I love neighbors and neighborhoods, street noise & street lights, having/keeping a clean car (no dirt roads) and conveniences like having a 7-11, McD's and my fave Hobby-Lobby all within a mile of my house!

My parents have a really beautiful place with lots of acreage, cows/horses, a pond and some seriously beautiful and mature trees. Their yard is really peaceful and enjoyable to hang out in. That is exactly what we did for the evening. We (19 family members) cooked out and just enjoyed some quality time for the evening. The kids (the 6 cousins) rode go-carts, played hide and seek, at cake and played. Maggie loves being with her cousins, and they are all sooooo sweet to take care of her and include her even though she is the youngest.

It was Mother's day weekend as well as my sister-in-law Melissa's birthday. It was a really fun night, and some of the best quality family time we have all had in a while.

Family is one of God's greatest blessings, if you ask me.

Enjoy some pics from the night...blessings and love to all!
Leah
My 2 big brothers...2 cutie pies for sure!
My precious daddy...cooking us up some grub! Yumm-o, the best burger I have had lately!
My sweet Nana & Pawpaw...love them dearly.
The 2 gals we were celebrating...Mom and my sis-in-law Melissa.
Family pic...Todd, Leah & Maggie
Adorable nephews....Jerod, Joshua & Jackson...3 of Mags 6 cousins from my side of the family.
The nieces & Mag...Morgan, Maggie and Macy. Hope they will always be close!
Can you believe this??? Do I have the coolest Nana or what? My 78 year old grandmother taking Mag for a casual stroll in the GO CART! HA! Never a dull moment. Thanks Nana for making another fun memory with my girl.
Crazy Jason, teaching the little ones how to "pop a wheelie"...ha!
My precious parents...love you Mom & Dad!

Some of the boys....out on the go cart!

P.S A fun video of our sweet new kitty, preggo and Maggie professional pics, Maggie's big girl room and Sadie's nursery pics ALL to come soon...in the next few weeks! Yay! Can't wait to share.

P.P.S Guess who only has about 40ish days left to cook???? Sadie Rose we can't wait to meet you!

2 comments:

Holly said...

I love getting a glimpse of your extended family. You can really feel the family bond and love in the pictures. I'm so glad you could all be together.

I love your turquoise jewelry, by the way. I can't wait to see the upcoming pictures! You are such a tease to keep us waiting! Ha!

We can't wait to meet Sadie Rose. Next Wednesday we'll hopefully find out if she's going to have a little girlfriend or boyfriend. :)

Sarah said...

Awww... your family is so cute! I love your "country" upbringing. It seems so foreign to me, but it made you who you are today (and that is pretty great!).

The picture of your Nana with Mags in the go cart is too cute! What a cool grandmother you have!

I am so anxious to meet our Sadie Rose!!!! I can't wait to hold that sweet babe and love on her!