Wednesday, November 18, 2009

What a blessing, indeed!

What a blessing, indeed...that we are EXPECTING! Due this summer on June 28th!

Behold, children are a blessing from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full with them! Psalm 127:3-5

I am 8 weeks and 2 days pregnant. Today we had our first official OB/Gyn visit and got to see our sweet baby on sonogram. We were so thankful to find out that all is well. The pregnancy is going as it should be and our baby is perfect, growing and healthy. Today the heartbeat was 179( I am thinking/feeling---girl?). Our baby is about 2.5 cm or almost an inch. Our sweet doctor told us it is about the size of a gummy bear, ha! Funny example, right? We will find out in only 8 more weeks whether or not it is a girl or boy?!? I can hardly wait!

I have been feeling mostly well, with the exception of some tiredness and nausea in the evenings. Both, welcome feelings...as I know that they are both good signs that hormones are doing their job and the pregnancy is strong.

To say that Todd and I are thrilled, is an understatement! We feel so blessed and thankful that God has given us another one of his most precious gifts!

We have told most of our dear family and friends already, but wanted to make an official post with a picture!


For you formed my inward parts; knitted me together in my mothers womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; and in your book were it written, every one of them...the days that were formed for me. Psalm 139:13-16
Love to all!
Todd, Leah, Maggie and Baby

6 comments:

Sarah said...

What a darling little gummy bear!!! I can't wait to meet that sweet little thing!

We are over the moon for you, Todd, and Miss Maggie! There is nothing in the world more exciting than a new baby. :) Congratulations!!!!

P.S. Can you tell that I am just a little excited by the fact that I have used a million exclamation marks! ;)

Brent and Abbey said...

What a beautiful little baby... we already love him/her!!!

I read in a Christian parenting book that the best gift you can give your child is siblings- AMEN!

Candice said...

That is so wonderful!!! Congratulations to you, all three! :)

Cristina said...

Congratulations to you and Todd! What a wonderful belssing!!!!

Isn't that close to your anniversary too?

I'm so happy for you both!

Holly said...

Aaaaw, a gummy bear! That is such a cute comparison. We can't wait to meet this littlest Hunt.

I love those passages of scripture and reading them while thinking of this 8-week-old life brought tears to my eyes. We'll continue to pray for you, Todd, big sister Maggie and your little gummy bear. :)

Cheryl said...

Congratulations!