Sunday, November 22, 2009

An early Thanksgiving!

This last Saturday, we celebrated Thanksgiving with my side of the family. My brother the fireman and myself both work on Thanksgiving so our family was kind enough to celebrate a bit early. We had a wonderful time. We went to my brother Jason and his wife Lindsay's house out in Bridgeport. We decided to do some alternative Thanksgiving food this year and instead we had some yummy smoked chicken, beans, potato casserole, salad and rolls. We decided to keep with the Thanksgiving-y desserts though, and had lots of cookies, pumpkin and pecan pie! We were all stuffed!

The kids had a super fun time being outdoors. My brother and wife have a great home with lots of acreage for the kids to run around on. They jumped on the trampoline, road 4 wheelers, played on the "playground" as Maggie put it (a swing set), played with the 2 dogs and 3 cats and just ran around together. There are 6 sweet children on my side of the family...ranging from 9 to 2! They all play really well together. I am so blessed to have such precious nieces and nephews, and Maggie sure loves her cousins.

Macy (7), Mag (2) and Morgan (9) all enjoying the trampoline, oh how I see one of these in my NEAR future...no we did not all plan to name the girls with "m's" it just turned out that way!

Nana & Papaw, Melissa & Justin, and my Grandma keeping the fire going in the shop...my bro has a huge shop attached to his house...we kind of hung out here to enjoy all the kiddos being out side...we are an indoor/outdoor kind of family! Ha!

Jackson (5) and Mag still enjoying the trampoline...

Us girls, decided a girlie picture was a must....these are all immediate family ladies...so fun right! From left to right, back to front...myself, Maggie, my sis-in-law Lindsay, my mom Ginger, other sis-in-law Melissa, front: Nana or Sue (my mom's mother), Macy (Lindsay's daughter), Grandma or Juanita (my dad's mother) and Morgan (Melissa's daughter). It is just not very often that we all get a picture together. I will treasure this one always!

All the cutie pie cousins....from back to front, left to right....Macy, Morgan, Jerod, then Maggie, Jackson and Joushua. So cute, I could squeeze them!

Morgan and Macy riding the 4 wheeler!

Maggie loving on little "CiCi" the cat. They were besties by the end of the day. Poor cat, Maggie had carried her around by her neck about 25 times!

Thanks family for being so wonderful! We love you and are especially grateful this Thanksgiving season to have such a complete, united and Godly family!
Love to all,
Leah

No comments: