Friday, October 14, 2011

Easy, "No Sew" Pumpkin Shirts

I wanted to share a fun and easy "no-sew" craft project that I did for festive pumpkin shirts for my girls.
I got everything I needed at my trusty Wal-mart, and made them in less than 15 minutes. I am super excited to be thinking of what other fun holiday type shirts I might could make. I love to see cute holiday outfits...whether for Valentines day, Christmas or Fall!

1. Buy t shirt, fabirc glue, material (1/2 yd of orange, 1/4 yd of brown and green material), ribbon (1 yd for 2 shirts)...find a pattern/outline online to print. I googled "images for pumpkin outline" and picked the one I liked best.







Here is my pattern I printed.

2. I taped my pumpkin pattern to my orange material (no pins required, yay). I cut around the edge of the pumpkin. Then for the stem and leaf...I just free hand cut out a shape that I thought would look cute. You will still have plenty of extra fabric in the brown and green if you have to cut out a few before you get one you like.









3. Apply a liberal amount of the fabric glue all over applique and as close along the edges as possible, then apply to shirt.




*Side note...I washed and ironed both my t shirts and my fabric before I began working with them.



4.I then glued a little bow in the middle where the stem, leaf and pumpkin over lap. 

For washing care after they are finished and worn, I washed them on the "hand wash/gentle cycle", and hung them to dry. The fabric edges did fray a tiny bit. But I actually think it made them look even cuter!

Fun to be Festive...and thrifty!!!

Love to all,
Leah

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Candice said...

I was admiring those cute shirts in your pumpkin patch post! Thanks for sharing!

Holly said...

Yes, they turned out so cute and your girls made them even cuter!